Skip to main content

I'm here I didn't quit!

 It's day two of my consistency challenge and I'm already feeling the heat. I got a late start on my day. I usually wake up around 5am and read, I make sure the kids are up and getting ready around 6, We leave at 7:15 and I'm back home cleaning getting ready for my morning workout by 8. By10 I am full of green juice and green water and ready to start work creating word art! Today I woke up at 6:40am the kids were still asleep and didn't want to get up. We didn't leave until 7:45. After I dropped them off, I went to pick up our grocery order and what usually takes me five -ten minutes max took more than thirty minutes because everyone called off today. There was literally one woman bringing out all of the orders and at least ten cars waiting. I was cool, didn't Black Karen out, life is good, I had all the patience for waiting and even more gratitude that I didn't have to go in and do it myself. I took the time to do the reading I didn't do earlier. By the time I got home though it was after nine and by the time I finished putting away the food it was nearly ten.



As you can probably tell I am a very routine person. I work well with a schedule and when one thing is goes wrong it throws my entire day off and I can't get back on track. Instead of picking up where I am or just winging it I usually throw the day away, call it a wash eat snacks and watch tv. 

Today I'm fighting the urge to fix a big bowl of ice cream and finish Russian Dolls on Netflix. It is only day two! I have to get stronger! I will work these consistency muscles!  I owe it to myself to you and all of the people who will benefit from my writing at some point in their journey.  I am going to do what I said and write something everyday!  

I know this is not a masterpiece. It isn't my best work, but dammit it did it. I sat down in front of this computer and tapped these keys. It is done and this is it!

I'm working on a new book, for now I'm calling it The Dungeon. It's a fantasy about a woman living an alternative lifestyle that has come under fire by her local community. She tells stories of things that occur in her home and life to a close friend who knows her and her lifestyle well. Since I started typing this post I have become inspired to work on it so as soon as I finish posting this I'm going to do that. I think I may have found a key to getting consistent, just start and if it's meant to be it will flow naturally. 

It has been a pleasure sharing this moment with you. See you back here same time tomorrow? I'll defiantly put forth the effort! Thanks for reading! 

Love 

Philena



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The kids are headed back to school, but there's a HUGE problem

School starts next week, and I have concerns.   I just read that our school district is down 1800 teachers. I don't know what my kids will be learning this year or who will be teaching them and I'm nervous. I've spoken with a few teachers and administrator friends I have who work for the district and they're confident things will be alright, but they are always hopeful after a good long summer break. I on the other hand am not so optimistic.  Last year my daughter had two teachers pack up mid-day and leave never to return again. My son had a substitute for math the entire year. Last year the district was down 781 teachers, this year's number is more than double that! I don't know what they have planned, or if they even have a plan!  I was considering home school, it worked really well for us during covid, but I'mma just be honest, I don't really want to do it! I know how important my kid's education is and I don't have the time needed to ensure t

What is Philena At Home?

  Philena At Home is...  My safe space. My judgement free zone. The place I share my art, my vision for life, and my opinions of the world.  I am Philena and This is  Philena at Home started out as my take on the modern black family blog. It was everything from breast feeding and fresh baby food, to early childhood education and the black stay at home mompreneur lifestyle.  As my kids are getting older and I am regaining some of  my freedom, I am getting back to myself.  I am getting in shape, growing my natural hair, meditating, praying, and attempting to live up to my expectations.  I'm starting a new career as a Writer. I've wanted to do this full time for a while but didn't have the courage to step out there. I was afraid I would be rejected because of my background and lack of education, but these days I'm making my own way. Shout out to all Youtubers and Instagram comedians and models who inspired me to stop standing there and jump.  Philena At Home is now my resu