This past Friday Venus, the planet of love, beauty, and sensuality entered fiery Aries making this the most romantic week of the year, and Valentines Day just happens to be this week as well! (for those of you who don't know I've been studying Astrology and Numerology for about four years another of my many quirks.)
Love is definitely in the air at my house. Thank God because it hasn't always been this way! We've had some crazy ups and downs but these 5 things have kept us strong in our marriage and got us through the tough times.
1. Remember you are a team. It should never be me against you or you against me. You are not in a battle! You're in a relationship! Work as a team to solve problems and reach goals everyday all day no matter what! Team work makes the dream work!
2. Communicate!! I say team work makes the dream work, but have you discussed the dream?Talking /Not Talking will make or break your relationship. Speak up about what you want. Speak up about what you need. Speak up when things need to get done. Oh yes friends and LISTEN too! Figure out how to get the best results together. If you can't talk without yelling and one or both of you can't handle a little yelling WRITE! Letters or short notes can be helpful. I know it sounds kiddie but the first time you try it and it defuses a blow out you'll be thanking me, and then you'll be recommending it to your friends!
Mind readers are rare so it's highly likely your mate isn't one. Help them out by telling them what you want and need in your relationship.
3. Don't hit each other! AND Don't tear up your shit! When the fight is over and you realize you were wrong for not getting him something to eat while you were out you'll be ready to apologize, but that apology can't fix the tv you pushed over. It can't fix the big hole you put in my wall. It can't fix the bruises or erase the memory of you putting your hands on the one you love. Just saying. Chill the fuck out! Take some deep breaths. Go for a walk. Meditate. Keep your hands feet and objects to yourself!
Today's post is brought to you by
4. Have SeX! OFTEN! Yes I said it! If you are going to be my friend and read my blog you must understand that I am an advocate for you guessed it SEX! It is a gift from heaven and if you don't feel the same you are not doing it right!
Flirt. Compliment each-other. Hold hands. Kiss. And Don't use sex as a weapon. Use it as a tool to break the tension, relieve stress, and enjoy each other.( oh yea and to make little people for those of you who need to know!)
I am Phil and I approve this message!
5. Date! Give each other your best as often as you can! Working and raising a family can get hard of this I am well aware! Our date nights are on Friday Night from about 9pm - 11 pm and we usually spend them in our living room sitting close and watching movies because we're too tired to go anywhere or do anything else!
PLAN and DO nice things for one another. Make sure that you are fulfilling your partners needs and they are fulfilling yours as well.
BONUS!! Give each-other space! We are humans. We need alone time and time with other people to process all of the complexities of being human!
BONUS BONUS!! Love each-other and TRY!
BOUNS BONUS BONUS!!
I created a special Surprise Printable Journal to commemorate this special Valentines Day.
It's 10 pages of fun for couples of all ages.
Relationship Goals worksheet
Relationship Bucket list
Daily Love Tracker
30 Questions To Help you Reconnect
The Love Journal (All Payments are processed through PayPal payment systems)
share it with a friend!